The University of Southern Queensland is pleased to present the CSIRO Data61 PhD. Scholarships to students who aim to study in Australia. The scholarship award is for PhD level program(s) in all courses taught at the University of Southern Queensland.
All domestic students and international students are welcome to apply. Application to the program will close on Nov 5th. 2023.
The University of Southern Queensland, also known as USQ, is an average-sized regional university in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia. It teaches courses in several fields, including health, law, the sciences, engineering, business, education, and the arts. The institution has three university campuses at Toowoomba, Springfield, and Ipswich.
The institution was founded in 1969 as the Darling Downs campus of the Queensland Institute of Technology. In 1970, the school provided study programs for rural Queensland and international communities.
Australia’s biggest solar-integrated car park, and a library with rainforest and water bodies. USQ is acknowledged for having the biggest Japanese-designed garden in the whole of Australia.
The University won the International Green Gown award in 2017 for its approach to sustainability concentrating on renewable energy, water retention, waste reduction, and integration of sustainability into strategic planning.
CSIRO Data61 PhD Scholarships – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Awarding Institution: University of Southern Queensland
- Study Level: PhD
- Available Courses: All Subjects
- Eligible Students: Domestic Students, International Students
- Location: Australia
- Deadline: 11/05/2021
Benefits of CSIRO Data61 PhD Scholarships
Recipients of CSIRO Data61 PhD Scholarships will be offered the benefits below;
- Allowance valued at AUD $28,854 based on the 2022 base rate and/or add-on scholarship of AUD $10,000 per annum.
- Complete tuition fees for a duration of 6 semesters (full-time equivalent).
- Domestic applicants will be allotted a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset Place, however, international applicants will be awarded an International Fees Research Scholarship.
- Operating cost support of about $5,000 in learning and development funding over the term of the scholarship to back your research and future career.
- Access to first-class research resources and excellent tools, aid, and resources to bring your research to life
- Have an experience of an inclusive culture where the diversity of people, experiences, and opinions are respected and where you get to utilize your skills to impact complex national and global problems.
Eligibility for CSIRO Data61 PhD Scholarships
To be eligible for CSIRO Data61 PhD Scholarships, the applicant must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All
- Applicants must have accomplished a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (First Class Honors, or equivalent level).
- Applicants must have applied, or presently be registered in the Ph.D. at USQ.
- They must be either Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, permanent residents or international students already living in Australia.
- They should not be recipients of equivalent support which provides a benefit over 75% of the student’s stipend rate; begin or continue the PhD in 2022.
- They should have shown knowledge and experience in utilizing machine learning and deep learning models with concrete expertise in utilizing the relevant architectures for implementations.
- They should have proven manuscript/research proposal preparation skills, as well as a concrete track record of refereed research publications in top machine learning and deep learning venues.
How to Apply for CSIRO Data61 PhD Scholarships
To avail of CSIRO Data61 PhD Scholarships, please follow the guidelines below:
- Interested persons should contact Associate Professor Rajib Rana ([email protected]) ASAP.
- To apply, please ensure you have digital copies of the below information:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards).
- List of any research presentations and/or publications
- Documentation confirming citizenship/current presence in Australia.
- Application for the award must be done through the CSIRO Data61 portal
To inquire about the award and application for admission into USQ, please visit the official webpage.