Jobs in Canada For Nigerians – Getting a Job in a place like Canada can never be easy especially when you are not living in the country.
Canada is a beautiful country and over the years we have seen more Nigerians fly to Canada to study and some go there because they are looking for jobs.
Though before going to Canada there will be so many things you would need to do which we would talk about later but for now let’s talk about those that want to get a job.
You need to get a job first, the reason for this is simple, when you travel to Canada as a Nigerian and you do not have anything to do, the first five months of your stay won’t be easy.
Canada is a place where the cost of living is very high and if you don’t have the money you can’t survive in Canada.
This is why the embassy will always request that you show them your bank statements to be sure that the money you have to sustain you.
In this article, we are going to be talking about some remote jobs you can do as a Nigerian living in Canada or planning to leave.
We would also take note of the requirements for the job and how you can apply for them.
3 Remote Jobs in Canada For Nigerians
If you are a Nigerian and you have been looking for a job In Canada, worry not because we have discovered some opportunities for you, all you need to do is to read this post till the end to get the details.
There are so many jobs you can do while in Canada, both freelance and professional.
Without further wasting time, here are some jobs in Canada for Nigerians.
1. Warehouse/ Yardman
Farm Jobs are very popular in a place like Canada and this is one of them. As a warehouse/Yardman, you have some responsibilities which you’re expected to meet up on daily.
Your salary for this job is paid hourly and you are expected to work for at least 40 hours a week.
If you are interested in this job, here are some of the responsibilities you have and will meet up to.
- Arrange products in the order they should be
- You are to check and weigh materials
- You are to transport raw materials to the farm
- You have the responsibility of helping the machine operator
- As a warehouse person, you have the responsibility of cleaning any machine left under your care
- Loading flat deck trailers
- Clean the environment etc.
If you have never done this type of work before it will be hard for you to pick up but either way, here are some of the general Recruitment requirements that every employer will look out for.
- Should be trustworthy and reliable
- Should be hardworking
- Should be ready to work in any weather
- Own some tools and equipment that will help you work
- Good in communication
- You need to have a high level of self-motivation
- You should be ready to take up any task and meet up to
- You should have good writing skills
- Should have good reading skills etc.
- Job Type: full-time/ part-time
- Salary: $30 per hour, 40 hours a week
- Location: Kelowna Canada
How to Apply
To apply for a warehouse/Yardman Job, you have to use the website of the company or you can pay using the address and information the company have provided.
2. General Labour Night Shift
First, in this type of job, experience or no experience is not important because it is something anybody can do.
There are so many benefits of working as a general labourer like Access to Doctors when are ur sick, food and some do Give you accommodation, free parking, free uniform, working equipment, a group insurance plan after three months etc.
What do we mean by general labour, we mean you can do any work that comes out of their company like loading crates, carrying blocks and so many others
- You don’t need to have any experience
- If you are good at working with your hands
- If you have any physical disability, this is not for you.
- You should be mentally okay at the time of your application.
- Have a good team spirit
- Have to be a punctual person.
If you’re going to work in any company that offers this type of job, you should see your responsibilities below.
- Arranging materials, products or machines
- You have to clean materials
- Clean the environment
- Be early to work
- Job Type: Full-time/ Part-time
- Salary: $24 – $30
- Location: Canada
How to apply
The company that offers this job will have means of application, following it accordingly.
As a cleaner, you will be working under the supervision of the person who is employing you for the job at hand.
You have to follow the instructions and do the things that are required of you.
If you get a job as a cleaner in any organisation, you will be required to clean the environment and other places you will be instructed to clean.
- Should be someone who is hard working
- No experience needed
- Know how to make use of the mop
- Should take instructions and work with less supervision
- Always pay attention to Details
- Should always use a portable vacuum cleaner
- You have the responsibility of mopping, washing the floor and other cleanable
- Use both light and heavy shampoos and machines to clean the floor
- Wash the windowsill and doors
- Clean the glass
- Restock toilet papers
- Wash the restrooms and so much more
- Job Type: Fulltime/Part-time
- Salary: $29,000 per year
- Location: Canada
How to Apply
The company should provide the Procedures on how to Apply for their jobs. Follow it and get a job.